Friday, March 21, 2014

FF55 3/21/14 Sunny Spring

Floppy and thick with heavy
slabs of meat and cheese.

Jars of pickles gleaming,
relish and mustard glowing.

An artist could paint
a person slicing,slathering

then folding
brown curvy crusts, with soft interiors.

Stone patio, under a tree  
on a tailgate or soft plaid blanket ;

wafting scents from fresh baking
can increase appetites!


                             
                        The prompt was Salvador Dali, and choosing a painting title.
                        'Two pieces of Bread' calls up things that are melting or bent
                         (with  appreciation! ) And I admit to my sustained
                         love affair with good bread!

12 comments:

Laura said...

you've met the challenge well… wonderfully visual!

G-Man said...

Sounds like you're ready for a cookout!! I sure am, my grill is ready.
Izzy, I'm NOT going anywhere, I'm just not hosting anymore. I certainly will still be playing 55! Loved your Delicious 55
Thanks for being so cool.
have a kick Ass Week-End

Alice Audrey said...

Now my mouth is watering.

Margaret said...

I agree. My mom used to make it all the time and then she moved to the breadmaker. Still had that wonderful smell. I don't think she does either anymore… I should start it up - thanks for the idea.

Brian Miller said...

well you certainly increased my appetite...smiles...about to eat dinner...which is a good thing after reading this...smiles.

Mary said...

Cool 55!
Time to eat here, I think.

Anonymous said...

tasty :) ~

kaykuala said...

Cool treat Izzy! It sure whips up the appetite! Nicely!

Hank

Unknown said...

Sound a bit like heaven! Though these days sometimes I forego the bread and just have the innards. Diabetes, bah!

brudberg said...

Meeting garden work with apple-pie.. that's mouthwatering appetite.

Unknown said...

I like your source of inspiration. Dali was amazing.

steveroni said...

Izzy, want you to know I fit perfectly in that enticing painting of words you posted here...even to the "bread" thing.

P.S. I didn't die!