Thursday, January 24, 2013

1/ 23/13, Imaginary Garden with Real Toads," World Building"

Kerry's Wed. Challenge.

                  I.

Along the Esses of a sidewinder snake,
With the slow, quiet whirr of a frisbee,
Phy 1 where I am, is a mystery.

But judging from all the formations after,
The dangling of giant woody Vinca vines,
air roots dripping bits of earth and fungi,
mixing with the misty traces of water
dripping from the old waterfalls-

The moths, birds, butterflies and bees
carry all the bits from these
toward traces of rock-
Once I watched this "Phling"!

Slipping off with sunshine and rainbows
toward the east.
Around the various suns
they swing, each with its own
directive.
 Phy 6, from here is Healing.
Phy 12 is Farms.
Phy 17  My Father says is pure Biology.

I have only taken the little pod and bubble taxi's
to University- by the 3rd Suns first Moon.
I wave at this now from Way High,
on Bumble Bee street...


9 comments:

hedgewitch said...

This is whimsical, yet strong as a vine with its own reality and life--and the images, while familiar, manage to suggest enough subtle differences that they really validate the idea of a complex alternate universe. As a gardener, and a reader, enjoyed this much, izzy.

Helen said...

Disney Imagineers would be inspired by your poem! I am.

Kay L. Davies said...

Lovely. I want Phy 6.
K

Marian said...

wow, i LOVE this!

Kerry O'Connor said...

I really like your originality, and the way you brought in the new to weave through the old. I'm left with the thought that no matter how many suns, life must persist. I really enjoyed the read.

Susie Clevenger said...

I agree with Helen Disney would love this...what a world you have created.

Brian Miller said...

nice..i love the nature elements in your piece and the joining in of the life to carry it all back...you captured a bit of magic in this izzy

Sherry Blue Sky said...

This was a way cool trip to an intriguing otherworld. I'll zip over to Healing in that cute bubble taxi!!!!!!

Zenserly said...

Bumblebee street on a bubble taxi that I would love to experience! :) ...simply beautiful, love it!